Friday, October 19, 2018

Music Since College

I recently had the chance to go on a boys trip to Seattle with some college friends.  We hadn't all hung out together since the glory days at BYU in 2005.  As the de facto DJ of the group I felt a responsibility to come up with a good playlist for our drives from place to place.  I whipped up a quick playlist for the trip (which worked fine) but it caused me to go back and do some deeper digging to make sure my playlist was telling an accurate story of the best music to have come out since 2005.  Accordingly, I scoured through all my music since that time and came up with the below playlists as a result.

First, the rules of what could be considered for inclusion:

  • It can't be a film soundtrack or a greatest hits or a release of old material
  • I guess that's it
  • Sorry for the unnecessary bullet list

My only request is that everyone carve out about 10 hours and listen to each song on headphones so you can get the full experience.

1. Since College - Summa Cum Laude - One representative song from the very best albums of these last 13 years or so.  I highly recommend downloading the entire albums these songs are attached to. (iTunes Link)


2. Since College - Magna Cum Laude - One representative song from the 2nd tier of albums over the time period.  The related albums are very good, but they didn't top their class.  (iTunes Link)


3. Since College - Bros - A second song from either the Summa or the Magna albums that I just couldn't not share.  (iTunes Link)


4. Since College - Stag - Songs that stood out as having distinction but whose underlying albums were not strong enough to be considered in the Summa or Magna playlists.  (iTunes Link)


1 comment:

Trifecta said...

Very nice. Looking great.