Monday, November 24, 2008

Specs


It looks like my computer-screen-intensive lifestyle has finally caught up with me... and not a moment too soon. On the east coast, you're a nobody if you don't wear glasses. You have to be a nerd to be heard. The experience at the eye doctor was all so sudden. He ran some tests and told me to respond "clear" or "blurry" and next thing I know, this young sales associate is telling me which frames look good on me and which don't. Suddenly, I now belong to this new society where you talk about books that you have read while wearing a vision-improving apparatus on your face. I was kind of nervous about the new look but preliminary feedback has been overwhelmingly positive--one person even plans to feign blurred vision at an eye exam. I think as long as I just continue wearing V-neck sweaters I'll be OK.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I joined those ranks years ago, whilst still in the Provos...for about 2 weeks. I haven't worn them since. If I had to wear them again, however, I'd hope to look like you.

Ashlee said...

Lookin' good Pacer. How's life?